What Is UPSC Exam ?
In this article you will know how to clear UPSC exam (IAS, IPS ,IRS ) in your very first attempt by following right kind of Preparation Plan, Study material and other useful tips. This post is also useful for the beginners and senior aspirants who could not clear UPSC exam due to some reasons.
Clearing UPSC exam is not easy task but you can make it easy by preparing in right way with the help of right kind of study material. The Past results speaks itself that many aspirants are clearing UPSC exam in their first attempt which is a positive sign that you too can clear in your first attempt.
The only need is to follow some key tips while preparing for UPSC exam, all of these guidelines are well tested & advised by IAS Toppers so you can trust them blindly.
First of all keep in mind that anyone can clear UPSC exam with serious preparation and right strategy and we are here to guide you in right direction with time test preparation methods.
Here are 10 most recommended tips for every serious aspirants who want to become an IAS officer without wasting too many years. If you follow these tips you will either clear UPSC exam or find yourself very close to it. so let’s get started-
1-Know Civil Service Exams Pattern-
The Civil services exams are divided into two categories ( State and Union ). Each state has its own state civil services commission and select civil servants for various state services.Union public service commission conducts civil service exam for various group A&B posts every year which starts in the months of June till December.
Once you have decided to clear UPSC exam, this is the first step is to know the complete UPSC exam process and UPSC exam pattern , Question papers etc.
- Having complete knowledge of the exam is very first and important step so that you can plan your preparation accordingly. As we know UPSC exam is little bit time taking than other exam , UPSC CSE exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
- It starts in the month of june and ends in december in the same year. UPSC CSE exam is conducted in three stages which are known as PRELIMS, MAINS and Interview.
- Prelims is the first stage where you qualify for the MAINS exam .
- IAS prelims consists of two paper which details are given below.
- To clear the first stage which is prelims exam you have to score above the cut-off marks in prelims paper-01 ( which is only counted for merit in prelims exam) and
- qualify paper 2 (CSAT).Read here to know more about IAS exam details-UPSC Exam Details
The first stage is prelims, It has two papers which are objective in nature and you have to individually pass both the paper with minimum 33% marks. The first paper which is general studies paper marks are counted for prelims merit.
Those who score above cut-off marks in the prelims paper 1 will be qualifying for mains exam.Negative marking will be applicable for both the papers in prelims exam. 1//3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Prelims paper 1 consists subjects like history, geography,science,economy,environment,art& culture etc. Total 100 questions are asked in the first paper and each question carry 2 marks , total 200 marks.
Civil services paper 2 which is called CSAT carry 200 marks and 80 questions. All the question carry equal marks and negative marking is also applicable in prelims paper 2. This paper is made to qualify only. Its marks are not counted for prelims merit list.
Let’s have a look on the UPSC civil services exam data of the previous years which will help us to understand the real picture of the CSE examination so that we can plan accordingly.
UPSC CSE which is said to be one of the most difficult exam in India where more than 1 million aspirants apply each year and these numbers are increasing year by year.
Out of 1 million, around 5 lakh aspirants actually appear in the prelims exam and hardly 12000 to 13000 clear this stage every year.
These number are very less because the high level of competition in the prelims exam. Those who clear prelims exam are qualified for UPSC mains exam which is held after 4 month of prelims exam.
After writing 9 paper of mains exam examination, 2500-3000 aspirants are called for Interview , these number vary based on the vacancy available that particular year.
The final selection is done based on the total marks of the UPSC Mains and interview .This is how UPSC exam pattern works and select some hundred class A&B officers for All India and Central services.
UPSC Civil Services Exams Notification Dates-
UPSC release notification for civil cervices exams in the months of march-april for prelims . You have to download notification from UPSC official website. Once you read the notification and full-fill the required eligibility criteria, you can apply for the exam.
You have to apply for civil cervices exam online only. The official website for Online application is WWW.UPSCONLINE.NIC.IN.
The exam will be conducted in the various examination center’s , check out near your city which will be mentioned in the exam form. The examination hall seats are fixed so apply early to get your choice of examination center.
Once you clear prelims exam then you will be asked to fill the form for mains exam . The civil services mains exam is conducted after completion of prelims. Usually mains exams are held in the month of October (after 4 months of prelims exam). You can start mains exam preparation just after completion of prelims exam.
UPSC Exam Eligibility-
Let’s have a look on the Qualification for UPSC CSE exam in details. UPSC exam eligibility is different for different category aspirants which we will discuss later but some of the eligibility criteria are common for all.
Education-If you want to apply for UPSC CSE examination, you must have a graduation degree from any recognised university which approved by UGC & DEC etc. A degree from private university is also valid for UPSC exam qualification criteria.
Age Limit & N0. of Attempt-Minimum age limit for UPSC exam is 21 year for everyone but there is some relaxation for the higher age limit for certain category aspirants. The total number of attempts for general category are 6 but other category aspirants have some relaxation. Read more about Upper age limit & attempts-
UPSC Exam Syllabus-
Knowing UPSC syllabus is key to success in UPSC CSE exam preparation, many aspirants do not pay enough attention to this section and lose marks in the examination. If you want clear UPSC exam in one year, you must pay enough attention to UPSC syllabus.
Most of the questions in UPSC exam are asked from its syllabus itself so if you are covering whole UPSC syllabus, you will score good marks in the examination. UPSC has defined its syllabus in its notification which is released just before UPSC prelims exam.
Though UPSC ask questions from every possible area but still you can predict its questions if you have UPSC syllabus well and know the UPSC Syllabus Topics in details.To Memorise UPSC syllabus, You can download it and get a hard copy for later revision.
You can read UPSC syllabus from UPSC official website or download it from the link given below.
Set Your Goal First-
UPSC exam preparation takes a year to complete and chances are high that you will start feeling bored after some months. To avoid this situation , you can divide your whole preparation in small goal which can be for few days, weeks and months.
If you set small goals which are easily achievable, you can easily finish the complete UPSC syllabus and never get bored in UPSC exam preparation.
- You can select some chapters for a week and read then , make notes etc.
- You can set a goal for a month and air mark some subject to read and revise as per your interest.
- You can also schedule Test series/ previous year question papers practice based on your preparation level.
- Once you start achieving these small-small goals, your confidence level will rise to new high level and you will feel more comfortable and ready for exam.
This is how you can complete your complete UPSC syllabus in time and revise it well in time. So goal setting is very important in UPSC EXAM PREPARATION.
Download UPSC Syllabus (PDF)-
Many aspirants are unable to get whole UPSC syllabus at one place so keeping in mind this problem we have decided to keep complete UPSC syllabus at one place. You can read the complete upsc syllabus and also download it in PDF form for later reference.
UPSC Preparation Books-
Now we are well aware of UPSC syllabus, the next step is to find right UPSC Books which should be based on the latest upsc syllabus. UPSC exam preparation is mostly depends on the books which cover more than 70% of UPSC syllabus of prelims and mains exam.
We can not ignore the importance of books in the presence of internet because there are some subject which can be prepared better with books than computer screen.
Reading online books has some limitation and we can not afford to read for longer time on electronic screen, it can affect our eyes due to continuous emitting of low levels of UV Radiation.
So books are the best way of preparing any exam even today .There are thousands of book available in the market on single subject, and this luxury of books make it difficult for an aspirants to select right book for upsc exam.
To solve this problem, we have made a complete UPSC books list for all the papers- prelims and mains. All these books are based on the IAS topper advice and cover almost entire UPSC syllabus in details. So lets explore UPSC books for UPSC Prelims and Mains exam.
Selection Of Right Books-
We already know that books are the main source of preparation in every exam but in UPSC , the importance of right books in immense.
You can not clear UPSC exam just by reading random books so you have to be well aware of the best books for upsc exam and how to get in without wasting lot of time.We have listed complete books for UPSC exam which are based on the following parameters.
- UPSC books must cover the entire UPSC syllabus notified by UPSC in its official notification and we have selected all these books to cover almost entire UPSC syllabus.
- UPSC books selection should be in such a way that you have to read minimum books to cover the syllabus to save your time for revision.
- No use of reading Noble types books of 1000-1200 pages where hardly 2-3 questions are expected from them in the exam. The better way to read limited books and revised them multiple times.(specially when you have paucity of time )
- It is sufficient to read 2 source ( books ) for one topic than reading 5-6 books for single topic. (The aim is to save time for other subject)
- All these books are read by many IAS topper ans also suggested by them in interviews and seminars. So you can trust the credibility of these books.
- The best part is you need not to look-out in the market and waste lots of time, all these book are easily available in online and can be delivered to your door within 2-3 days.
- Click to know the COMPLETE LIST OF UPSC BOOKS For Prelims and Mains exam and buy them online .
UPSC Prelims Books-
As we know prelims is the first stage of upsc exam process which is the gateway of UPSC mains exam. Clearing upsc prelims should be the priority for every aspirants so that he/she can write mains exam. Many aspirants are not able to clear prelims due to various reasons and selection of wrong book is one of the major factor of their failure.
Prelims exam is way different than mains exam, in prelims exam questions are factual in nature and you are required to select correct answer, negative marking is also applicable.
So most questions are factual than analytical, you have to mug-up some facts, details of information,dates etc. So the selection of books is very crucial in prelims exam.
We have selected complete books for prelims exam which covers all the subject in details. all these books are read by IAS millions of UPSC aspirants every year and some have topped the exam. These books are also suggested by IAS topper in their seminars and discussion.
our approach is to make UPSC exam preparation more enjoyable than a burden ( which is happening currently in many part of country ). Click here to see the complete UPSC exam books for English Medium and Hindi Medium aspirants.
Once you have selected upsc books you can order them online and get within a week at your doorstep with lesser amount then the market price. Click to buy online.
UPSC Mains Books-
The booklist for UPSC mains is almost similar to prelims exam but few books are added due to expansion of mains syllabus. Most books you read in prelims exam will be useful in upsc mains exam. The additional books are required to cover your optional syllabus.
UPSC mains has 9 papers where 7 papers marks are counted for merit and 2 papers are qualifying in nature. These two papers are language papers where minimum 33% marks are required to qualify mains exam.
Essay is very important paper where no one book is enough to cover entire essay syllabus but these books can be useful in writing an attractive and quality essay.
Solve Previous Year Question papers-
” Practice makes man perfect ” Same lines are also applicable in UPSC exam.Practicing the previous year question paper is very helpful in UPSC exam , if you practice question papers , you get an idea how UPSC ask question in the exam. You can check your preparation level by solving these papers.
- If you solve last 10 years question papers , you solve almost 10000 questions before exam, many of question in UPSC prelims are of same pattern which you have already solved in these papers.
- By solving these papers , your confidence level will rise tremendously so it will definitely benefit you in the actual exam.
- Previous year question papers are easily available online , you can buy last 23 years question papers with answer in less than 200 rupee. Click Here to BUY online.
- After solving these question papers , you get complete overview of the difficulty level of question asked in the UPSC exam and plan-out to prepare accordingly.
- Many IAS topper suggest this strategy to score high marks in the UPSC prelims exam.
When 1 marks decides destiny in UPSC exam , you can not ignore anything useful for UPSC exam preparation and solving previous year question papers is one of them . Solving previous year question paper helps you to understand the nature of question asked in upsc exam.
Once you solve these questions, your self-confidence increase tremendously which will help you in the exam.
You can do it from home !
Preparing upsc exam from home is also possible as more and more aspirants are studying from home comfortably. Gone are the days when people have to travel long distance and attend coaching class. Now you can access anything from home from your laptop, PC and even with your smartphone.
Before the internet revolution in India, upsc aspirants did not have much choice of getting right mentor , coaching institutes, study materials so they have to approach big cities like delhi, Allahabad.
But now you can get everything online from your home, you can get any coaching class video,study material from home. You also can join offline coaching programme of coaching institutes if interested.
After having such facilities, anyone can prepare upsc exam from home with ease. No need to worry of being in remote part of the country,
if you are passionate about the service, willing to serve nation as a civil servant, no one is going to stop you.here are some key tips which can help you in preparing upsc exam from without coaching-Let’s explore them.
- Find the useful websites for upsc exam which will help you in your preparation and also provide you useful information about exam , study material and much more.
- Coaching institutes are not mandatory today to clear upsc exam , as many serious upsc aspirants are clearing it without joining coaching classes.
- You can prepare upsc exam from any part of the country with smart preparation strategies. So need not to go BIG Cities for UPSC exam preparation. Start preparing from home and clear it.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”how to prepare upsc exam” quote=”how to prepare upsc exam”]
Online Website For UPSC Preparation-
Online website are the best source for the UPSC exam preparation with books. Now a days books are not suffice to complete upsc exam preparation, you need some online website which can provide you latest current affairs, current events national & international and upsc exam update.
There are many benefits of Online website for upsc exam preparation, some of them are listed below-
- You get latest updates from online websites because they updates on daily basis.
- Current affairs and news related stuff can be prepared from online websites easily, books can not be updated on daily basis.
- There are good coaching and guidance available online and most of them are free of coast. This makes upsc exam preparation more smooth and accessible to last person in the country.
- Mock Test are very important in UPSC exam preparation, online website are the biggest source for them. You can get very low cost Test series for prelims and mains and boost your score in exam.
Utilize Social Platform-
Most of coaching institutes have their own social media presence where they provide useful information related upsc exam. Large number of aspirants are also there provide useful information about exam. You can get benefit from these sources.
- Facebook Groups- There are some useful groups where some useful articles are uploaded by different authors which can be useful in UPSC exam preparation. But avoid joining fake UPSC groups where no useful information is available.
- YouTube Channel-There are some good YouTube channels which are very informative and you can utilize them for upsc exam preparation. Unacademy, UPSC Exam Guide, StudyIqOption etc are some of the example of them.
How To Prepare UPSC Exam With Notes-
Notes are important in UPSC exam preparation, most people love making notes which is one of the best practice in exam preparation.
But there are some people who are in doubt if they should make notes or not. Some people think that making notes is waste of time. Let’s explore the benefits of making notes in UPSC exam preparation.
- Notes are the key in upsc exam preparation at the last time, As we know revision is very important in upsc exam preparation and notes play very crucial role here.
- Notes are very useful when you have to revise complete upsc syllabus in less than a month. If you have made notes , you can easily revise them in time.
Offline Notes/Online Notes-
Notes can be made online or offline based on your comfort level. Offline notes can be made in simple diary or notes book but online notes can be made with help of some Android APP some of them are Feedly, Evernote and Pocket.
- There app are very useful in making online notes for upsc exam preparation. These app are free of cost and available in app store.
- While making notes, you can follow thumb rule for the world limit. 1/10 is the word limit for note making. for example if the paragraph contains 100 words, you should be able to summarize it into 10 words.
- Notes should be in keywords always not in detail format. If you make notes in this pattern , you can easily save lot of time for other subjects.
- Studies have proved that if you write something , you remember it easily. So when you make notes, you are actually writing something which makes it easy to understand and memorise for you.
- So keep writing and start making notes for upsc exam preparation.
Revision is Important-
You have been told in the school to read less and revise more which is actually best way to prepare any exam . In upsc exam preparation, you have very large stuff which need to be revised in time. if you do not revise , you tend to forget it soon.
It has been proven that if you do not revise in a week , you forgot most of which you read in last week. if you do not revise in a month, you forget more than 80% of what you read . So one thing is very clear that you have to revise books in time to prepare it well.
Make a time table and provide time for each and every subject decisively so that you cover entire upsc syllabus and revise completely.
You can prepare exam with job !
UPSC exam also attract serving personnel of the government and private sector personnels due its opportunity to serve larger people and make a difference in their life. People with job wants prepare upsc exam but they have some limitations which can be easily solved.
- They do not have the luxury for 10-15 hours for study because they have to work at least 7-8 hours in officer.
- Their work schedule may not allow them to join regular coaching classes.
- They have to deal with extra pressure along with study so it become little difficult for them to prepare upsc exam along with job.
But we have good news for them that every year large number of serving people are clearing upsc exam with flying colours. You can also clear upsc exam if prepared it in right way.
Here are some key tips for you which will help you in making your upsc dream come true.
Time Management For UPSC Preparation-
UPSC exam is like a marathon and you do not the luxury to write it multiple times in a year, if you fail in very first stage then you will have to wait for a year. So you need to Prepare UPSC exam in such a way that you clear it in your first attempt and this article is mainly written for this only.
- UPSC exam needs 5-6 hours docussed preparation daily and it can be managed easily if you make a well thought-out study plan.
- After 8 hour fo duty , you are left with 16 hours , now you can take out 6 hours from them easily for upsc exam preparation.
- You can utilize your officer free time for your exam preparation. When you time in officer, you can read some magazines, newspapers and notes . You have to make use of 10,20,30 minutes for your exam preparation. These 10-20 minutes daily will be converted into hours later.
- So utilize every minutes which is available for you and this practice will actually helps you in long run.
- We do not suggest to misuse the officer time for which you are being paid. Make use of FREE time whenever you get in officer or during travel.
There are some advantage of preparing upsc exam while on job for you and these advantages can helps you to motivate for more hard work.
- If you are serving , you need not to worry about back-up plan as most of aspirants struggle for this. So the psychological advantage with you always comparing to those who are unemployed.
- You can easily get what you want because you will never feel lack of financial assistance but many aspirants have to think about it when they have already past 3-4 years in upsc exam preparation.
- Having job and working with people make you more responsible and better personality, you can handle things in much better way.
- Working person more experience of work-life balance, working culture so he/she can manage things more easily it will help in upsc exam preparation and letter in service.
- You can access coaching classes online and buy them online , it will help you in saving time effort to physically joining them
Time is very important aspect in UPSC exam preparation where more than 9 lakh aspirants are applying for this exam and studying for 7-14 hours in a day. It is not easy to beat them unless you properly manage your study time.
- You may be a working person or full time preparing aspirants , the only thing which will take you close to success in UPSC exam is how well you manage your study time.
- There is no hard and fast rule in UPSC exam preparation that you have to read ( 1,2,3……18 hours ) in a day. This totally depends on your ability, strength to sit and read books.
- But The syllabus of UPSC is very large and need 5-6 hours daily to cover it in a year if you do have knowledge of the basic of subject( 6th to 12th class.
Consistency is more important than the number of hours , be regular in preparation, stay update with useful websites, read daily newspaper for current affairs etc are some key tips to success in UPSC exam.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”how to prepare upsc exam” quote=”how to prepare upsc exam”]
You can prepare exam without coaching !
There are many assumption on internet that you can not clear upsc exam without coaching institutes etc. This is very said that many aspirants just join coaching classes that they are afraid of this assumption. Before we decide if we should join any coaching class or not , we must know the reasons for joining coaching classes.
The very first reason that why we should join UPSC coaching class ? we have many reasons for joining coaching classes-
- Coaching classes are very helpful in guiding you in right direction. if you are new and do not know how to prepare upsc exam chances are high that you will join them.
- Coaching institutes provides ready made study material for you which save your time. They will ready everything for you and charge some fee for that. If you do not have enough time or you are a working person, coaching institutes can help you in upsc exam preparation.
- Coaching institutes have expert in their respective fields and they have very long experience of teaching , you can get advantage of their experience and teaching.
- Coaching institutes can guide you whenever you are in need so you can join them.
Focus On Self-Study-
Self-study is the key to success in UPSC exam, Large number of aspirants clear UPSC exam by just studying at home. There is an assumption that you should join coaching institutes if you want clear IAS exam.
- Things have changed now, sufficient study material is available online and offline so you need not to worry much about that. Most of the leading coaching institutes are providing FREE study material in different platform like BLOGS, YouTube which can easily accessible form Mobile and PC from home.
- Even if you join any coaching classes , your success depends on your self-study not on coaching class preparation. Coaching classes can provide your direction, study material but you are the one who has to study and prepare it.
- So believe in yourself and work hard at home. You can read this article for how to study without joining any coaching institutes.
You can avoid coaching classes if-
Coaching institutes are only helpful if they are genuine, they have well teaching faculty, experience experts otherwise they are just business to make profit.
- Coaching institutes are in big cities only so everyone can not go there due to several reasons like financial, security but you can overcome this problem by following methods.
- Most of coaching institutes have their online presence , they provide useful information, guidance in websites and which is free of cost (in most websites).
- Most coaching institutes have YouTube channels where they regularly upload classroom videos and most of them are free, some charge few bucks.
- Coaching institutes charge very fee and which is not affordable for many of aspirants so you can access their online videos , article for guidance.
- There are some very good website which provide lots of useful stuff free of cost and helping aspirants realising their upsc dream, you can visit them regularly. ( Insightsonindia, clearias are few example of them.
- After all you are the one who have to study, prepare everything. No coaching institutes can do it for you, self-study is the key to success in upsc exam. if you have basic knowledge about upsc exam, you can clear it with self-study without coaching.
Enroll For Quality Test Series-
Test series are the set of question papers specially designed by expert to test the preparation level of aspirants and practice the question papers before actual exam. Test series are similar to the actual exam papers so it gives a feel of real exam if attempted in well timed condition.
The aim of joining test series is to test yourself and find the mistakes and correct them before actual exam. It has been found that if you attempt mock test before exam , you can boost your score in prelims and mains exam.
- If you attempt mock test before exam, you can find the weak points & strong points and correct it well in time.
- You can be familiar with the exam process and manage the time in examination hall. You also can check how many questions are attempted in given time frame so you can increase your speed if needed.
- When you join test series , you compete with lakhs of aspirants across the country and know your ranking among them.
- You can join any FREE MOCK test series or paid ,it depends on the availability of the test series . there are many coaching institutes which provides test series and charge some money. You can also join them.
- The best time to join test series is just after finishing your complete UPSC course once. You can also attempt mock test any time based on your comfort level.
Motivate Yourself Regularly-`
Motivation is needed in UPSC exam because UPSC exam test your patience and last for a year. If you are not able to clear in initial time , it can take 4-6 years to crack and make your name in the list. Being motivated for a long time is little difficult but it is very important otherwise you will quit the UPSC exam preparation.
Large number of aspirants leave UPSC Exam Preparation due lack of motivation and patience , so if you are one who can be easily demotivated , can try these few tips while preparing for this exam.
- Motivation can be two types- Internal motivation and external motivation.
- Internal motivation is the best one if you have because it has very strong reason to keep you motivated for doing anything for longer period.
- External motivation can be short time motivation but it also work to keep motivated for exam preparation.
- If you feel demotivated while preparing for UPSC exam you can ask few question yourself before leaving the preparation.
- Why did you start UPSC exam Preparation ?
- What were the reasons you started preparing for this exam?
- What drives you to join civil services ?
- What if you leave UPSC exam preparation ?
- Once you get the answer above questions , you can easily find the solution for the problems. There are some other key tips which can make you motivated for long time.
- Reading IAS topper Interview, lifestyle & Preparation strategies can be useful for you.
- Watch Videos of IAS officers who has done something extraordinary while serving the nation.
- Be in touch with UPSC exam websites and stay updated.
- Do not start anything new while preparing for this exam because it will change your daily lifestyle and affect your preparation.
I hope these key tips will help you in clearing UPSC exam in your very first attempt and you can find your name in the final list of UPSC results soon.
The minimum educational qualification for ias exam is a degree from any recognized university which are approved by competent authority. There is also minimum age limit for all the students which is fixed at 21 years as of now. Read more about IAS eligibility criteria from here.
If you already have decided to choose civil service as a career than your target is very clear and it should be to clear IAS in your first attempt and reach to the top most post of the administrative service.
As a student of 12th class, you have your school syllabus to complete and which should be your priority.
After that if you get some time which you want to utilize for IAS preparation, you can start reading newspaper which is the most important study material in UPSC exam preparation.
UPSC is asking so many questions from current affairs portion and newspaper is very good source to cover this section.
The current affairs of today may not be useful for you after 3 years but once you develop a habit of newspaper reading , you will easily able to analyse things after some experience.
Newspaper reading also helps in developing a new approach towards the world events, issues and improve your thinking ability and awareness.
Importance Of NCERT In UPSC Exam Preparation-
You may not be aware about the importance of NCERT books which you have read from class 6th to 12th but once you complete your graduation and start preparing for ias , you will see that many question for prelims exam are directly coming from NCER books.
UPSC asks questions directly from NCERT books of class 6th to 12th in prelims and mains exam, a number of IAS aspirants buy NCERT books and read while preparing for this exam.
So, you can focus deeply on your NCERT books and prepare them seriously. NCERT books are very useful for IAS prelims and mains exam preparation.
The least things you can do while in your school days- Store all of your NCERT books at your home so that you need not to buy them later while preparing for UPSC exam.
Focus On Your Basic And Improve Them-
UPSC test the basic understanding of the subject and analytical ability, decision making, leadership types of some quality in a student and you have enough time to develop these quality which will help you later.
UPSC syllabus is very wide and cover almost everything under the sun so start developing a habit of reading books. This habit will help you in IAS preparation where one has to read a number of books to cover entire UPSC Syllabus.
Improve Your Writing Skill-
UPSC mains has 9 paper as of now and all the papers are subjective in nature where everyone have to write long answer in the world limit of 250 to 500 words per questions.
To answer complete paper within 3 hours of time is very difficult for most of aspirants which leads many questions un-answered.
So week writing skills is very harmful in UPSC exam because it can destroy your IAS dream by loosing many marks in the exam due to un-attempted questions.
If your writing speed is slow, you will not able to finish all the questions even if you know them.
So develop a impressive and speedy writing skill which will help you in answer writing in UPSC mains exam and you can score high marks.
Improve Your Communication Skills-
Communication skill comprises of lots things and listening, verbal communication, non-verbal communication, self-confidence,clarity of though, expression etc are some of the most common and required skills which are tested in UPSC exam.
All these skill takes time to develop and improve, so you as a student have enough time to look on these aspects and improve if required. These small-small points will boost your personality and skill for IAS exam.
There is a 275 marks personality test exam in UPSC CSE where aspirants are test one many areas and some of them I have mentioned above. Interview is very crucial to score high marks for an aspirants and improve overall ranking in the exam.
If you start working on all these area from now, you can easily perform better than other who just start before interview.
Start IAS Course Books Now-
After 12th class, you will have complete your degree which may be BA,BSC,B-tech,BBA etc . Its time to prepare IAS with the IAS Books which are exclusively made for IAS exam preparation. one and half year of minimum time is required for IAS Syllabus to complete before exam.
3rd year of the graduation is the ideal time to start reading IAS books with full thrust. The first and most important step is to get complete UPSC Syllabus before you start IAS preparation. Click to read UPSC syllabus in details.
The another important step is very confusing for new student. The selection of right kind of books in right number. You need best UPSC books for UPSC exam which can cover entire UPSC Syllabus in details. Here is the list of complete UPSC Books for IAS exam in details. Click to read them Now.
If You have complete first two important step in IAS preparation, you have already accomplished most difficult task which can lead your towards success in IAS exam.
After that you can follow other guidelines for How to prepare for ias exam and other important tips which will save your time and increase your self-confidence in the exam. You can read these articles for IAS exam preparation-
- How To Prepare For Ias After 12th ? Complete Guide
- How To Prepare UPSC Exam? Beginners Guide In Easy Language.
- Apply UPSC Online, Download Admit Card & UPSC Results 2019-20.
- Download Last 10 Years UPSC Question Papers With Answers (PDF).
- 10 Tips To Clear UPSC Exam In First Attempt-UpscKey.In
- IPS Officer Exam Details, IPS Eligibility, IPS Qualification In 2019-20.
- UPSC Age Limit ,UPSC Eligibility & Full Details-Latest Updated.